3.04.2012

French Fantasies

If there's any indication to the authenticity of French Fantasies, the servers here speak French to one another. Yes, they are from France. When my husband said "Merci" to our server, she quickly replied, "Vous parlez le francais?" Oh the delight of a casual breakfast at a French bakery that comes along with the French accent of the employees. Located in South Yarra, French Fantasies really is one of Melbourne's great bakeries.







We were there at a little after 10am and lucky for me there was one almond croissant left when we placed our order. If they were all sold out, I would have been heart broken. Almond croissants are my absolute favorite and I tend to like to judge a French bakery by its almond croissants (and macarons). The croissant was not the flaky and airy type but instead was a little more dense with a generous amount of almond paste filling. There might even be a hint of almond liqueur in it, unless I was dreaming since I believe the the pastry put me in croissant heaven. I must say that I really liked French Fantasies' interpretation of the almond croissant. The pastry was packed with flavor, rich and intense.





In his words, T said "this is the best mince pie I've had." He was a huge fan of the pastry crust.

I would return just to try their bright colored macarons, which I regretfully did not get when we were there.

Step in to French Fantasies for some delicious pastries and then head out for some fun shopping along the fashionable Toorak Rd and Chapel St.



--
French Fantasies
15 Toorak Road
South Yarra 3141

Accolades
2011 Best Bakeries in Melbourne by TimeOut

No comments:

Post a Comment